Monday, August 15, 2011

Mindscapes #5

Truly amazing how the behavior of a society can change the overall feeling emanating from a landscape. For instance, weekends always have a feeling of their own. I find it fascinating how everything in a saturday or sunday can feel different, even if the weather is the same as the it was for rest of the week.

It's late sunday night here. It's not raining anymore, but the sky still is filled with low clouds and the dark and humid night reflects a little hint of red emanated from the distant capital. It can also be heard the occasional sound of thunders dampened by the distance, which enhances the feeling of desolation, making me feel much more far away from the civilization than I actually am. Overall the world lies black and empty, and I can feel the taste of a night swamp.

There's something really sad in this mindscape. It would still feel like it if this was a wednesday night, but most of its appeal is potencified by the feeling that the weekend is over and everybody is already asleep. It's impressive how all the sounds in the world seem to come from my own actions alone, as I am the only one left wandering around the house, checking the leftovers in the fridge, watching Schwarzenegger movies on tv (which seem to get stained with this feeling that good times are just about over)

I've tasted this since I was a kid (usually doing my homework around now), so this is a full mindscape, as I've tasted it so thoroughly that its heavy essence is carved into my mind. I have it so clear that I can describe it only by tasting it mentally, though some actual tasting is always good to keep developing my descriptive skills.

(thanks for showing it's already monday, Blog. You're such a jerk, god)

No comments:

Post a Comment