Sunday, July 17, 2011

Of Fusion

I have the habit of doing as many things at once as possible. Well, sometimes it's not really overwhelming to walk and listen to music at the same time, but when I seem to concentrate on two things parallelly, they seem to stain each other. For example, sometimes when I listen to a podcast when I'm on the bus, I usually have recollection of memories of the journey when relistening the episode.

What makes me turn my attention to any idea is to recognize its analogous quality. Fusion also happens when I'm drawing. I noticed that since I was a kid, because if I'm in class and drawing while the teacher's speeching, I usually recall some pieces of information when watching my doodles and sketches a few days later. A shame I never managed to master it enough use it as a code to retain information for exams, though. Mindwalking is the result of fusions too, except the place is all in my head, and a little too erratic to be used to retain information too.

I've mentioned Stains a long time ago, and these memories, usually bitter ones, scattered around the world, also happen thanks to fusion. Most games I've played are stained, for unfortunately I've never been really good at escapism. I always keep thinking of my problems when slaying monsters and exploring worlds, even unconsciously. Probably if I go back and replay some 16-bits RPGs, I'll find them to be haunted by faceless memories of romantic frustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment