Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Of inspiration and motivation

So these last few days I've been trying really hard to keep my stamina up, trying all sorts of tricks to refill it as it is constantly going down. I'm doing all I can not to let the inspiration run out and then drown in frustration. Though the forces of frustration are powerful, it's been an interesting battle, as gamification is helping me to visualize the progress and understand the timing to try a new healing item.

So far I'm using all my music collection to keep the stamina from running out. But the thing is, I can't use them all for too long, they have to be reloaded, the songs. That is, I have to keep myself from listening to certain albums so their effect on me will increase as I get back to them later. And I think I'm not managing it properly, as I've used a whole lot of reloaded songs these past few days, even the strongest ones I have in stock. I'm afraid I'll run out of them, and then I'll enter in a musical shortage, having no songs that'll keep me inspired. And then it's hell.

Goddammit, what's happening? I'm taking more damage I can deal with...

Starting to notice here there's a line between inspiration and motivation I never gave too much thought before. I'm yet to think of the minutiae of their relationship, but as far as now it looks to me that motivation could be my, umm, defensive strength. I wonder what if I were to augment my motivations to shield myself from the damage I take. Wow, gamification is a poweful ally. I shouldn't keep myself from embracing it more only because it looks silly to think of my mindwork within a game structure. I'll not be deceived by petty realizations. This is not a time for fancy embellishment.

Now let's think, if they do have different characteristics, what are the things that motivate me and what are those things that inspire me?

No comments:

Post a Comment