Thursday, June 9, 2011

Of Polarization

When we suffer from petty realizations we constantly get ourselves polarizing against things we just realized. And it's dangerous, for we do not get full view of the subject, but rather blind ourselves to a prejudicial view, which surfaces to arguments shown. I always see it in polemical debates. For example, if I defend religion, some lot will polarize against it like I meant to bring religion to full power again. So Fire Extinguishers are need more frequently, even though sometimes extinguishers will be ignored as well, as blind as polarizers can get. They won't budge.

But I find it interesting how we don't have to explain ourselves this accurate to things easily agreeable. It seems polarization works double way. We also polarize ourselves towards things. Or do we really question and doubt things we're already comfortable with? I think polarizations grow parallel to discomfort. The thicker the discomfort, the more stubborn the polarization will get. I think it quite has to do with this amazing comic:

Things will be easier if we just accept we''re nowhere below third phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment