Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Checkpoint #2

It's weird that I seemed to be feeling more comfortable with writing, but when I started analysing my posts I got disappointed and frustrated all over again. I'm having a hard time accepting how much I suck :(

There's still the problem of underdevelopment. Some texts are mostly one-lined concepts, awkward jumps and a fuckton of examples. I didn't approve a handful of entries because of that. Eh, I guess I spend too much time analogizing around, that seemed to get my mind viced. Also I can't help but always come back to edit those entries, those little details I can only seem to realize when the bloody post is already online (oh lord, I'm doing right now with this very sentence). So, for the underdevelopment, the remedy is more goddamn reflection and a also more exploring of the idea.

Out of all things needing improvement, at least now I'm getting the hang of that Simpsons' Principle. The beginning of the texts seem to be formulated already, but as it goes deeper things get all too loose. It reminds me of these series that start all planned out but get loose along the way. I think the problem is all about Wholeness, Milestones and Formulations. I'll be focusing on these things.

I think that those bloody deviations also decreased, or I feel so. Maybe getting a more pragmatic approach to texts seem to help me. And when I get to express my ideas proportionally, then I'll be able to give my texts some spices, some more poetry and rethorical experiments. Only after I get the basics of writing, though.

Discovery of the month: Spices. Once again naming proves its importance. I can spot and handle spices much more easily just by giving the thing a bloody name. It's been really handy, anyway. It's pretty much what happened when the internet learned to name certain behaviors as trolling. Though we all got so excited with the potential of the name that now everything is being called trolling. Now I keep seeing spices everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment