Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Of Seasoning

I've been thinking about ways of improving my writing skills, and I think I've got something that can help me.

Now, the greatest problem I face when writing is missing some ideas when wording them, only to remember important things after the post is already online, then I grieve for having to edit the bloody posts. It seems I can't do much about achieving a fluent view of the subjects yet, so all I can do for now is to wait for the elements to come slowly.

So that's what Seasoning means. I will start writing an entry like I'm going to post it right away, but instead I'll leave it inboard so I can come now and then and add things I've missed. And then I'll come back and edit things and put them all in place and I'll be happy, because somehow the thought of organizing lots of things random actually sounds like fun.

It's actually been a while since I thought about letting an idea grow and wait until it was ready to be deployed into a text and keeping it in the inbox until then, but that's been mostly to see if the subject had any relevance and was worthy of being posted. This whole Seasoning thing sounds like the most obvious tactic, but that was quite flawed and I had to do something about it. And now the idea is seasoned enough to be put in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment