Thursday, June 23, 2011

Of ringing frequencies

I like it when movies have phrases that stick to your head, not because they are deep or whatever, but because they sound catchy as hell. My favorite saying from the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy is when Pippin says "Sure I know a Baggins! He's over there. Frodo Baggins!". There's this amusing accent and the high-pitched delivery of the "sure" that got me and kept making me repeat the sentence throughout the day.

I remember I was petting the dogs a while ago when the sentence came back to my mind, and there I was imitating Pippin's high-pitched "suuure", when one of the dogs went crazy. I stopped for a moment and then I repeated it. He was now apeshit insane. And that's why this dog recently got called Sure, said with a high note.
I like it, because when you call one of them by their name they all come along. But when I call Sure, sure only Sure comes to me.

And then one of these days I was sitting near the door tasting the sun when I called Sure. He's better now, he only waves his tail, instead of feeling like being everywhere at once. It got me thinking, weird how you deliver this certain frequency and that makes Sure so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment