Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Of Flesh-deep

I've noticed my beard seems to grow better and healthier if I press the razor blade real hard against the skin, as if I wanted to peel it off. I like the how the skin aches thanks to the rudeness of the act.

That reminds me of when when I spray some medication over a wound and it hurts bitterly. My mother used to tell me that's a good sign. It means something is happening there. If the wound feels threatened by the antiseptic, then you can trust it's doing its job.

Maybe that's why I see beauty in conflict and pain. Some things can only be born from conflict or pain.That's a fit metaphor, after all it's with pain our mothers gave us birth. I like to remember that when I'm facing problems when conflict and pain is unavoidable. I guess it's comforting to think there must be pain before the healing (yeah, I know that sounds like religious comfort, but let's not hurry into petty realizations, please).

No comments:

Post a Comment