Monday, August 8, 2011

Of emotional response

When writing on this blog, I try using naming as much as I possibly can. It's one form of symbolism that fits the logistic of words. However, it seems I barely use those names when I'm thinking, as they are just a representation of the disembodied ideas in my head.

Just recently I truly realized one part of my thinking comes from emotional responses. It seems I don't always think of ideas, sometimes I just feel them. That explains how easy it is for me to make analogies and metaphors and allegories, as I can easily make connections between those ideas I feel. It also explains why sometimes it's so hard for me to translate my ideas into words.

I've never created this hybrid of reason and emotion on purpose, but it truly helps me to explore my mind to the fullest. I think emotions travel around the brain much faster than logic. But also reason can protect me from mindtraps that are bound to be originated in an emotional mind. Realizing this made me much more aware of the way my thoughts behave.

No comments:

Post a Comment