Sunday, August 14, 2011

Of intersemiotic translation

As the thoughts in my mind sometimes are disembodied etherealizations, I find myself trying through all the means to materialize them, and I really like how the felt thoughts allow me to translate them in so many ways.

Semiotics is the study of all that is a sign and a symbolization, so intersemiotics must stand as the study of analogies, of the different ways one can express oneself. Through images, sounds, words and what-have-you. The translation happens when the message is sent through one or other form, when a imagetic message is translated to sounds. If intersemiotic translation is not really that, I find my misinterpretation interesting enough.

I really like exploring how much of the content of a message can be sent from one vessel to the other, as intact as it can remain. I love seeing the possibility of a feeling being felt as possibly the same as from a song as it is from a painting or from a poem. As my felt thoughts are supposed to be stripped of all forms of semiotics, they are a message without a semiotical vessel, so the challenge is to see how much of it can be transferred to each one of these vessels, with as little things lost in translation.

Deep into my mind, without any form of any analogies and semioticalities, my felt thoughts are just... some kind of cello melody. There you go, an analogy, both in form of music and, well, words too. Apparently, one truly can't express feelings and thoughts without any kind of semiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment