Monday, August 1, 2011

Checkpoint #4

July was characterized by a hard effort to improve my writing skills. I tried a lot of techniques, such as Breathing, HK-47, Timing, but, like Seasoning, they weren't as effective as I expected them to. Anyway, i'll still have those techniques in mind, as in the future they'll be as useful as first intended, so I'll keep creating new techniques too. That new rule, though, turned out to be more helpful than I imagined, as now I end up trying to write everything in three paragraphs (despite being a minimum limit, not maximum), so this little structure helps me to handle the whole of the texts in my head. Weird the ways answers arise.

I tried making a list of sparkles as to write things more loosely, but I was getting addicted to that instead of writing proper texts and proper titles, and I was getting confused with the thin line between when a sparkle becomes a mindscape. Plus it was also littering up the place, so I decided to stop that. Bad, bad vicing. I tried to be good, but you don't respect me, so this will be a place for hard work and no fun.

This month I was also lucky to capture two mindtraps, hurry and aftergoals. They work with alike intentions, and they're quite dangerous around here, so I'll try handing more power for Carpe Diem to deal especifically with them.

And I'm getting more confident, as I seem to be accepting my defficiencies, and it's really working for me, in the sense of getting me less frustrated, less whiny and more focused to work on them. During the writing of one of the entries, I also felt one slight progress in the way I write and organize the texts, the process was a little less struggling than usual. It was just the first spin of this skill, but hopefully its speed is going to start increasing from now on.

Finally, there's still a long and frustrating way to go, as each entry is still represents an unbelievable struggle, but I have one clear goal to achieve now, I'll try to develop a writing routine that I hope could help me wording my thoughts in an easier way. Also, I'm starting to truly enjoy this place. Despite being so lonely, I feel this place offers me the challenge and pressure needed to develop myself, and I want to explore it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment