Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Of birth and distress

I think sometimes I think more than I should.
And my mind, just one more wandering piece of conscience around billions of other wandering minds, is filled with an ocean of thoughts and feelings and ideas and dreams and frustrations and love and hate and all of these very human traits that, sometimes, are too much for the feeble human mind to bear.

I keep thinking... it's tricky to have thoughts organized up there in your mind, as ethereal as they are in nature. One can think of several ways to tame his thoughts, but, even so, the things you think just turn out to be more ethereal thoughts. Like them humans, judging other humans. So if one doesn't find a way to break through this paradoxal, limiting thingy, this person is doomed to get things lost in the way. Maybe sanity.
This blog was born out of my need to store the products of my mind. And maybe I can keep it sane and organized. Hopefully no more precious ideas will be lost. Hopefully I'll be able to stop swimming in these same thoughts over and again, like bathing in the same pool of unrefreshed water every day, so, in an attempt to refresh my mind, this is the place I want to store them thoughts. No, not like a prison, I hope. Not like a disposal station either.
Maybe more like a museum.

However, something about this project gets me worried, and, as consequence, has been making me postpone it for months. There's this fear I have of making mistakes or simply not having my ideas crafted as perfectly as I intend to. This project is, after all, too important and dear to me. As a father to a child, I feel worried about the consequences of exposing it to the outerworld.

But I just need to stop being so perfectionist all the bloody time. I'd better think of this blog just as an exercise, not a test of any kind. I want, in a long term, to use this place to write things down as a mean of developing myself and improving my writing skills and ways of expressing myself more efficiently, without leaving important things unsaid or scattered uncarelessly around the text. I want to create a better connection between my thoughts and my words, my mind and my writing hand, as the latter one looks too limp in comparison.
So my greater goal is to develop a method of crafting well-structured and meaningul texts, but, as far as now, my main goal is simply to attend the urge to make my mind feel relieved. To unload the overloaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment