Thursday, April 28, 2011

Of Tasting

There's one good thing this blog already brought me: to notice a pattern in my thoughts by looking at the posts, which will hopefully increase my thinking process.

For example, I've written about how I like to walk, and to taste the ground I'm walking on, or how I spend hours watching the world through my window. Then I felt like talking about how great it feels to feel the sun touching my skin, or how I love paying attention to the way people deliver their words, with their amusing accents and everything.
From this realization, a name was born: Tasting. It's certainly going to be a very useful name, as I can categorize some thoughts into this definition.

When I think about it, it definitely describes a good part of my identity. I love feeling the world. Tasting everything with all my senses. The temperature in the air, the scents in the wind, the sound of the world, the composition of colors in a landscape, the spices in the food, the taste of the words, the gentle lips of a girl.
I guess increasing my sensory skills makes me me feel like enjoying being alive and experiencing the world better.
It's quite relaxing, even when going to extremes. Really, laying my hand on a car hood in a hot day and seeing how much I can stand the heat (after it reached it's highest point, it becomes easily bearable) or inside a cold body of water early in the morning and see how long it takes for the cold to burn through my flesh and bones is somewhat rewarding. Sometimes I do some sick stuff, like seeing how hunger, revolving my stomach agonizingly, feels, or how the acute pain strikes through my skin when I accidentally hurt myself, but really, there's nothing unworthy of being tasted.


Ok, actually there are, but forget them for the sake of poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment