Saturday, April 30, 2011

Of (In)aptness

There are things I find myself innately incapable of doing just as much as there are things I do naturally.

There are somethings I do with ease and I don't even bother exercising them. Maybe I do them just unconsciously. It seems entropy doesn't seem to affect these skills, after all. I don't have to control myself from getting late to places or being gentle to other people, that's something I do just naturally. There are some things people have a hard time bearing, but I can live with them without much effort.
On the other hand, there are things people find easy to do, and I struggle to.

There are certain skills I don't have a tendency to own. But with hard work, they can be mastered. And even then, I must constantly practice them to prevent them from going rusty. And they seem to go rusty with an amazing speed. It's like if I'm not keeping an eye over them, they'll run away in the first chance they get.
Cool, I'll call them Slaved Skills. They don't want to work for me, but I'll force them to.

One of these skills is memorization. Ok, it's not like my memory actually works at a harmful level, but I always practice to keep it extremely sharp, as, damn, is there any doubt of useful is that?
And I exercise it in every chance I get. What were all the items in that Cracked article I read earlier today? It's hard for me to remember them, and often I fail and I feel frustrated with that. But it is a skill I have to keep always sharp, so I have to keep exercising it non-stop.

I guess there's a price to keep these Slaved Skills running. They overload my mind, I guess. I trade energy for keeping them. Like paying a load of money every month for guards to do their guarding.

If only there was a way to convert them slaves to work for me willingly...

No comments:

Post a Comment