Monday, September 12, 2011

Of Hephaestosis

There's an emptiness filling me that I can't get rid of. My heart always seem to be longing for something else, and nothing seems to fulfill me. All except this dormant feeling that sometimes erupt inside me like a tempestuous vulcan.

It's the burning desire to learn and create, to craft and dissect. I feel like I'm witnessing crashing worlds and the birth of new universes. Sometimes the fires of creation can also be destructive with its uncontrolled strenght, but this overwhelming force sometimes arises tamed and directed properly, showing to me a path that seems safe and sure.

The most interesting thing is, I always seem to experiment it when I feel broken, so this could be my way to distract and heal my soul. This feeling is probably known to the excluded, isolated and awkward getting busy themselves with their crafting, unaware to the smoke afflicting their eyes and being inhaled by their nostrils.

There's a feeling of accomplishment when there's a small token retrieved from the forges, like a badge symbolizing all the hardwork condensed into the little details of a new-born masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment