Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Of hidden self


One of the advices I never trusted was when they tell us to be ourselves. This is bullshit. I’ve always felt being punished by being myself. And by not being myself is the closest I got to get myself things I wanted. I don’t get friends by being quiet, by spending my time think of the behind of things. In fact, whenever I show such side I’m always mocked.

This is my secret life, the one no one cares about. Though it hurts me to know I can’t show myself to others, I also have this little drop of gladness (though arguably an ironic and bitter one) that this is my world, one that none disturbs. And yet, I know that not even here I can’t be fully myself. It’s frustrating to feel this lonely, to know there’s no one who’s absolutely on my side, someone I can open my heart to, someone who will want to see me healed as much I want everybody to. I’m tired of feeling like everything I touch, everyone I meet is going to either hurt me or do nothing to do otherwise. I want to feel comfortable, a friendly soul who can stand by me.

In the end, no matter what I do, no matter how much I want to blame the others. Áine forbids me, but by doing so I am always plagued by the guilt of being responsible for this. Sometimes it seems to me Áine is the one who hurts me and Trygve is trying to heal that wound.

No comments:

Post a Comment