Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Of ignored persistence


The Aftergoal lingers in my mind forever and I never managed to overcome the troubles it brings to me. Maybe it’s the society’s pressure that makes it so alive and present. It’s all about the now, now, now. I’m always so terribly anxious that I can never wait for things to get better.

I think the media we consume that makes us unconsciously looking for anything immediate. Sometimes the characters just need one quick realization to change and get the girl, the job, the complete aftergoal set. I always find it quite dull, the way the persistence is always ignored, and I hate to realize I’ve been taught to ignore it too. And I don’t mean the cheap books and shallow soap operas. Even Orwell’s 1984 seems to have a hint of that.

Now I’m living my life and I know that things take much time to work out. It’s a whole series of realizations, a good amount of failed attempts and all the time one must endure the frustration. The thing is, I don’t really remember the preciousness of this persistence being highlighted enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment