Saturday, November 30, 2013

Of vicious gamification

 I can't consistently foresee the consequences of my actions, but I can know when I spot some dangerous courses I've been tracking down, and they can bring me to dangerous abyssess. I have to be careful with my habits, for they can bring some hard consequences I'll have to deal with later in life.

So, though some of these trance powers I've sort of developed might also have been caused by the gamification process that has given me a new way to see the world, I think this new vision also has some vile consequences.

It’s similar issue, or at least I feel so, to the Mnemonic Waning (where my memory is under the expected eficiency), as it feels like a deficiency caused by my unfair habits of reaching for the aid of technology. It's always there, repairing our shortcomings and answering our doubts... even now, I'm using google constantly to bring me words I can't think by myself.

I am afraid I might have got too addicted to imagining huds and panels and visual interfaces to help my management skills. It can be seen here by the way I name and categorize every little goddamned thing, so it’s very hard for me to do some intuitive management again. I think this could become, if it already isn’t, harmful to me, as it spoiled me by being just way too helpful.

These auxiliary tools are too dangerous for anyone as undisciplined as me, or for anyone who just feels like ever in a hurry. Always with a too precious time in their hands that they need everything ready so quickly. Technology isn't vicious, we are just too untrained for we just can't handle ourselves around it without overabusing its kind help.

No comments:

Post a Comment