Saturday, December 31, 2011

Of Aftergoal Law

One of the undercurrents I feel when writing in this blog is the idea that after I post those ideas that have been overloading my mind I'll get some rest. For instance, I remember postponing the post about Mindscape for months until I felt I was ready to talk about it, and then I'd be free of the burden. It turned out the concept kept growing and it's now even with different categories.

But still I'm having a hard time trying to lose the obsession of achieving a goal, of finding myself developed, of thinking that there'll be one time I'll be done. And I have to remember something quite important: The Quest will never be over.

It doesn't matter how much I acchieve, there'll always be something else to uncover, discover, recover. And the most intriguing part is how my reaction to this may vary. Sometimes I find it distressing that I'll never get somewhere that far as there's no finish line. But then again I can also find this a relief, as my passion to find and create new things can keep burning on forever.

It's not as easy as it sounds, but in the end maybe that's nice setup, being foolish enough to shoot myself towards an Aftergoal and meeting Disillusion, getting up and hitting the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment