Saturday, December 31, 2011

Of where is important to be

As my ambitions grow and I set for new goals after each disillusionl, I sometimes feel I've developed a desire to be where important things are. It is the desire that makes me head to the big city, to be where important people are, where important things happen, where I can witness life.

It is not the narcissistic feeling of superiority, that's the mindtrap that ought to be fought relentlessly. It's just the involuntary attraction of the nuclearities. It's the desire to be where we can make some difference. It's the desire to know and feel I'm doing something worthwhile. The desire I'm doing something that could have a lasting importance.

Maybe it's the desire the drives us to art, the desperate desire that makes us rush against time to leave a mark of our existence before time erases us off. I think in the end we all do something to the world to please our narcissistic desires. Anything that leaves the undercurrent message of "I have been here".

No comments:

Post a Comment