Saturday, December 31, 2011

Of things I'm yearning for

There are some things that always make my mind eased when I experience them, and these are meeting new mindscapes, recalling crests and tasting quintessences. To an extent these three motifs are a little too intertwined even for myself to distinguish, so here I'll try to charge better their definitions.

Mindscapes are the experiences we have, and the intensity of experiences tell us the level of the Crest. A minor mindscape can create a minor crest, but the experience will make me yearn to relive that mindscape, so through the Wehmut Process that is the desire to reexperience the feeling it can become a major one. Quintessence is what "feeling" meant in the last sentence.

A quintessence is a wordless emotional response, so much it represents a challenge that is to describe or materialize it in some way. When we try to describe an interesting experience that we had, we're trying to materialize the quintessence that was the emotional response to the mindscape.

Crests show in our minds as quintessences, and as they are formed by mindscapes, their presence also helps a mindscape to happen (through the Wehmut Process). So, a clear quintessence that we feel also makes it easier for a mindscape to happen.

Huh... I don't know if I didn't actually make things worse, and there's something I had to say but I forgot. Whatever, this will count as a charging post.

No comments:

Post a Comment