Monday, December 26, 2011

Of hephaestosis (a new meaning)

Updating names is something I don't really enjoy. There's already too many names around for me to deal with, and then some ideas keep insisting to find new words for them to live in. However, as I updated my flame of enthusiasm to simply Hephaestus' Fire, Hephaestosis lied out useless. As I was heading to throw it away, I realized I've got some good use for it still.

Sometimes when I'm enthusiastic about something, new ideas, mindscapes and quintessences, they usually make make me feel whole, not-empty... for a while. And I overuse it I seem to drown in my own enthusiasm, and the weight of so many new things in my head make me feel an agony of having them trapped inside me.

Hephaestosis is now the word I have for when I have too many thoughts in my head that result in distress, an affliction almost as tormenting as the feeling of emptiness and meaninglessness that haunts my soul, which is what Hephaestus' Fire is supposed to heal, or simply distract myself from.

No comments:

Post a Comment