Monday, December 26, 2011

Of narcissism and jealousy

Lately I've been in a mood to question my own view on mindtraps. Some things are so clearly a mindtrap that a closer dissection usually is discarded, due to obviousness. But once again I wonder if dealing with things like that for them being obvious isn't the more dangerous mindtrap of them all.

So I've been thinking of what narcissism is and I think I fit in the symptons shown. For instance, narcissistic people feel easily threatened, as everything becomes a narcissistic injury. And a mindtrap that it is, I can injure myself right now as I admit myself so. But then again, it's not as hard to admit such a thing when the great percentage of modern population is clearly growing narcissistic. Hell, humankind is so in its nature, so much Copernicus, Darwin and Freud are said to have given us our three great narcissistic injuries.

Also, I feel that jealousy walks very close to narcissism, and something very common too that we are supposed to repress. The feeling of envy is also a clear mindtrap when one isn't aware of their actions. But I think both mindtraps can be really useful if redirected properly, if carefully they can be great propelling agents due to the intriguing influence they have over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment