Saturday, December 31, 2011

Of updates (from Undertones to Crest)

The idea of Prime Undertones is one that I've been thinking a lot lately, so much that in the end I felt it was needing a better name in english as I've already found the perfect one for it in portuguese. After some research, I think Crest is the best word for it, which is one element in heraldry that I think that pretty much fits the idea (and also is a literal translation of the portuguese version). So probably this will make my talkings about the idea more comfortable, as Crests is a more sounding, impacting, catchy name.

Crests are pretty much the marks that experiences leave in us. They are memories of those experiences, and they shape our tastes and views of the world (the Major Crests, priorly called Prime Undertones, being results of more impacting experiences). When we meet a vague description of something, our mind fill the blanks with our Crests; for instance, when someone says the phone rang in the tv room, chances are we are thinking of our experience in our own houses, a Minor Crest, I suppose.

The way I can feel my own crests, they dictate the direction of my choices, so it's not an idea that explains the past, but can also predict the future. It's also the lack of connection with one's own crests and desires that seems to show probably why one feels the emptiness.


What makes the idea of crests so interesting to me is that everybody has personal collection of crests that are unique of their own. It makes for a nice quest, to make a research by introducing this idea to people let them tell me their own crests. Characters of mine shall have crests of their own, so I need to see how diverse can a person's collection of crests be, as for today I only know mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment