Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Of disposable journeys

Weird how sometimes reality can be so much more appealing to me than fiction. It’s not the matter of being down-to-earth, but the idea of studying History and knowing all those things actually happened has much more impact on me.

Sometimes when studying through some timelines I have the strange feeling of giving those things new life. I mean, reading about how Hitler took power, and how all the holocaust was going to happen, and to know I was going to read about all the suffering again, I don’t know, it sometimes feel a little disturbing to me.

The weird thing is that it doesn’t matter how many times I’ve already studied that piece of history, it seems I can reexperience it again and again. It even seems that the more I’ve experienced that journey, the better tasted it is going to be the next time.

It makes me think that maybe journeys aren’t necessarily disposable after the first experience, but with the right modeling the re-experimentation can even increase…

No comments:

Post a Comment