Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Of real possibilities

Knowing that reality can show us things that even in fiction we’d find far-fetched is a thought that really inspires me. Indeed, studying history is to me an activity that triggers my imagination much more than all the wildest pieces of fantasy
For instance, it’s weird to think that in this world that we live in someone can steal your room and lose it somewhere like it’s a wallet. Isn’t that how the Russian Amber Room goes more or less like? Or maybe to know you can make use of the religiosity of your enemy who deitify cats, so you can draw them on your shields and release some of the animals along your soldiers, so the enemy won’t dare to attack you

And to think that wars have been fought in so many ways even unimaginable… For instance, how can two nations come to fight because of a tree? How can one dead man win over a whole army of living men? It’s amazing those things could happen in the real world given to the curious context that can lead to these weird-ass happenings.

It even amuses me to think that whatever I can think it has actually happened before, that’s a challenge to my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment