Monday, January 30, 2012

Of Triangulation

Number-guessing games are really entertaining for me. I really like the challenge that is to try to find the number with the fewest guesses. And the best technique I came up with is to constrict the area by diving it always by the middle. For instance, if I have to guess a number from 1 to 1000, I will go with 500. If it’s above it, I’ll go with 750. If below, 625 and so on.  

This is nothing but simply the most logical approach to the problem, but such mathematical technique seems to have become incredibly useful for me when pinpointing musical notes or lines and angles. I’m making the best of it for my drawings as it’s priority, but it’s also really more complicated for music as I don’t have the ear really developed for that yet (though once I’ve noticed the first note of Godfather’s theme when car’s alarm went on, I just don’t remember what goddamned note that one was). 

When using triangulation for my drawings, I always try the basics of the technique adapted for the drawing, that is, to use the vaguest shape for the main proportions and slowly filling in the minor details.

No comments:

Post a Comment