Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Of places I suddenly find myself in

One of things that I usually do involuntarily is to stop whatever I’m doing and have a sudden attack of awareness of the place where I am. How did I come to end up here?

Right now I’m walking mindlessly around a harbor-like area with rusting containers and huge cranes and bridge pillars. It’s a cloudy night and I somehow think of soviet docks…

Right now it’s raining and I’m looking through the window to these marshlands near the shopping mall, and I see these little birds walking around that river… and there wild life is, no place where could possibly be dry, no animal has shelter like we are so spoiled to have, I find myself thinking while I’m in this comfortable place.

Right now I’m on the rooftops after I’ve seen the sky was unbelievably starry. The song in my ears is some kind of ethereal ambient and it helps me connect with the diamond dust above me. (Right now my grandfather has forbidden me to climb on to the rooftops again, I find it amazing it has happened only last month).

Right now it’s a Sunday afternoon and all family is eating together. There’s a circus in town, and I agree to go. Right now I’m outside and the sunny Sunday streets are empty and I’m having a mindscape as somehow I feel I’m in the 50’s (and I recall crests from some books I used to read as a child).

Right now I’m going to work and I see a bus passing by. Somehow the angle of sunlight on the tires gives me a mindscape, and it makes me recall a crest and… right now it’s one of those early Saturday mornings as a child, while my mother washes clothes. I can feel the smell of washing soap, the smell of wet grass. My cousin in the neighboring house is probably still sleeping, though my aunt is drinking coffee in her window. There’s some cartoons on tv but I’ve decided to ride my bike around the old forsaken sawmill. Will I have the courage to enter that little hidden trail they say leads to an old witch’s house? Nine o’clock, another day at the job had just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment