Monday, January 30, 2012

Of Planner’s Skills


It once puzzled me how all the effort I was putting in my drawing skills wasn't bringing me near as much result as one single session with my guitar. It seemed there was, after all, a nuclear technique I was doing that made me easily connected with music.

It's air riffing. But in here it can be known as Planner's Ear, as I am paying attention to the sounds I hear and so I can understand the gross proportion of the melody. Now I have the Planner's Eye being developed, I know I am much more easily connected with my drawings, as I can practice it everywhere. In fact, when I get home my mind is aching to try scratching the surface of the paper with all the lines I've been seeing in trees, cars, buildings and what-not.

These techniques seem to develop my Triangulation skills as it trains my sensibility towards the proportion and the overall identity of the things I see and hear. The more developed they are, the more experienced I'll be, and I'll be able to understand vortexes with more ease than those I couldn't even perceive before.
All in all, this set of skills requires a certain ammount of awareness, which can always be increased by refreshing the world by trying something different before-hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment