Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mindscapes #1

I am completely fascinated by the place I live in. Maybe I could be happy everywhere, but it's where I live now that seems to fulfill me. I love how the weather and period of day seems to change the feeling I get from the whole landscape.

And this night there was a full moon shining through a foggy valley.

It was supposed to be sublime, a dreadful beauty, not just incredibly amazing.

I'm afraid this picture doesn't do it justice, and it's the most faithful one I've got. It feels a little too colorful and not-really-scary. Being there, it was a much more spookier feeling, watching this ominous view and tasting the smell of a smokey night with a pleasant breeze.

It felt eerie as the moon seemed to be really close. Hanged-above-the-valley close. Maybe it was the fog filling up the whole sky that changed our perception of distance, making the light to be perceived as to come from inside the mist, not way beyond it.

Sublime is the word indeed. It's going to be one of them Sublime Mindscapes. But its eeriness also hooked me. And eerie's one of the main words I love tasting, as it represents one of the feelings that have influenced me the most, because it brings me back to my childhood. If I ever write a tale, its feeling is going to be inspired by the the place I grew in.


There'll be no zombies, it'd be too easy.

I may have lied, the place I live now doesn't feel as appealing to me as this one. But I guess it's actually better to leave it be in my memories. It's part of growing up and let things go, I think, despite of how life-changing important they were. Also the fond memories are more magical that way, because when I recall hints of it, my sparkles are fired up like hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment