Sunday, July 31, 2011

Of acceptance

Always thought of myself as an optmistic in an pessimist world. One day when I've read an article about Science saying that optimism is harmful, and I felt like they had insulted me personally. But then, further the reading, I realized their conception of pessimism actually matches my vision of the world. Seems like probably it's the very opposite.

One has to accept the flaws of this world. It makes perfect sense to me to think that people who always think the world sucks are the ones who actually expect it to have as few problems as it can impossibly be. I've seen that being argued against, though remarkably unconvincing. The more I think about it the more it seems that people who are constantly hating the world because of the problems we find here are the ones who are just not expecting it. The ones who are always stressed and bitching about are the ones who aren't tolerating any possible flaws. Intolerance is the word. Eh, seems like people getting their faith in mankind always on the tightrope all the time are optimistic people being disenchanted constantly. See, I could lose hope in mankind because of this kind of people, but no, I'll accept the world creates such annoyance.

By the way, there's a subtle yet ginormous difference between acceptance and conformism. Acceptance makes us simply not behave like a 15-year-old kid who's bothered by his girlfriend's every flaw. Mankind does shitty things, there's no conspiracy being unfolded here. It's some sort of polarization, because rarely I see people talking about the good things in this world, and when they do, there's always a jerk who comes with a list of bad things to say they're wrong, the world is the worst (I've actually seen that). Yes, the world is as flawed as it can be. Never will I deny that. My point is, we can clean the shit better without annoying people constantly whining about the stench.

Also fuck misanthropists thinking they've got the essence of their intelligence lying in their ability to self-exclude themselves from the human responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment