Sunday, July 31, 2011

Of seizing the day

Regreting the past and worrying about the future, that's me not enjoying the present. That's probably one of my biggest problems, not stopping to realize the moment I'm living now is the real chance I have to do my precious tastings.

I envy yesterday, when I was free to be happy, but I also feel too guilty to enjoy today. I have the constant worry I have to be prepared for tomorrow and I can't waste time. I should not please myself with such things as comfort and happiness as I have work to do, skills to improve, things to learn.

But I don't think that removing this pressure will do me any good. I'm afraid the absence of pressure won't do me any good. So I guess I'll have to live with it, but trying to not to give in to the harmful hurry it demands.

No comments:

Post a Comment