Thursday, July 28, 2011

Of Spinning Speed

Whenever I'm practicing any skill, I always noticed that the quality I aim for will usually start appearing fleeting and sporadically, before vanishing and being followed by a sequence of frustrated attempts all over again. And as times goes on, it starts appearing more frequently.

That's something quite common when drawing. When I first started drawing faces, the proportion always seemed wrong, it wouldn't matter how methodical I were, it wouldn't matter what techniques I'd try. Then, after a lot of raw insistance, those elements began to find a way on their own, and then the techniques I've thought before would begin to serve me some use. Actually I can't tell if these techniques have been unhelpful, but at first they don't really seem to until the I've got the basic hang of it, which explains why formulation is always the most stressful part of developing a skill.

And when said quality I'm aiming is spinning effortlessly, it could be when Fluency is achieved. It becomes frustration-free, despite of eventual mistakes. So I think it's all a matter of simply keeping practicing then, until things get a little less frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment