Sunday, July 10, 2011

Of nocturnal discoveries

These might be the last days I have an excuse to visit my university, so I decided to take some pictures of that place. It's a really beautiful place at night, so I was again frustrated at how cameras still don't take good photographs of night environments. But I started exploring the camera's options when I learned I could do something unbelievably amazing with little to no effort at all. It's amazing how fast the quality went from so-lame to better-than-real-life.

The result was so wonderful I felt like sharing my two favorites:


You can('t) view the university from my aunt's apartment. God, how many nights staring at this view.


My house's backyard view, which happens to be the one I tried to describe in that entry about stars.

Best thing yet, this is the "starry skies mode", or so it says in the camera. As I could in fact spot one or two stars on the pictures, I'm thrilled with the prospect of finally photographing the Milky Way, which is something I always dreamed of.

No comments:

Post a Comment