Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mindscapes #3

The city I live in is quite rural by some standards (mostly teenagers' and city-people's), so when I'm getting close to home, I can see some green plains and a chain of mountains just beyond. Simply put, lots of raw nature, which is an awesome view to be soundtracked with traditional music.

So there was this day, around sunset time, when the sky decided to stop weeping, and the sun wanted dry her tears, so there was some conflict up there. But when sun presented the sky with a beautiful rainbow, she answered with a smiling blue.

And I was on the bus, randomly listening to Otyg, which plays scandinavian folk songs. Misteriously, that viking feeling fused with that landscape. Maybe it was seeing this much green, or this whole aura of "I was sad but I'm getting better now".

But it makes sense to think of this weather condition as valued by scandinavian people. It's even featured on their mythology. The bridge to Valhalla, the Castle of the Slain, had appeared!

No comments:

Post a Comment