Saturday, July 9, 2011

Of Breathing

When I was writing my course's final piece of work, I knew I was having some issues with all this digital writing. For some reason I couldn't really feel my text, it felt unreachable and untouchable. And I think it's the same thing with all those online researches. I wanted to have dozens of books opened all around me on the floor (instead of dozens of pages shown individually on my browser). I wanted to experience the whole mess; to have to stumble through papers to find some lost ramblings. I know this is anti-ecological, but the whole lack of intimacy in typing seemed to handicap my efficiency.

So this whole immersive involvement, diving deeply into something, I call it Breathing. It's in essence pretty much like Tasting, but while this is a more, say, resourceful concept, Breathing is designed more specifically to develop skills. I'd say Breathing is a bridge between Tasting and Nuclearity, as when Breathing something I aim to get deeply involved so to be able to see the core, the Wholeness of things in my head.

I admit it, I am not quite fluent on breathing my writings (probably the same reason mentioned above), and I think that's the reason why I haven't been able to develop them as quickly as I should. I'll see if I can overcome this with some trick or if I'll have to resort to handwritten texts.

-

Off-topic: ok, this name seems to be sticky enough to last, unlike with previous attempts. Thanks I left this idea to be seasoned, I don't want to have to deal with another case like Nuclear Aim.

No comments:

Post a Comment