Sunday, July 10, 2011

Of HK-47 Protocol

[The Simpsons Principle]
I didn't particularly enjoy the game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic that much. I've found the game a little 'meh'. Really, its story, the so-claimed strong point, is quite whatever and average and the rest is a rip-off from the elements of the original movie trilogy. There, I said it. But there's this very interesting character there, HK-47, a "Hunter-Killer assassin droid", who shows a very peculiar way of delivering his sentences (as can be seen here). The way he classifies them inspired me to analyse my texts. And this is how I'll start paying the promise I've made myself, to work harder developing my writing skills.

[?]
The plan is all set: I'll have to use Formulation in my texts. It'll grants me a Solid ground to expand and develop more complicated structures. But in order to build a formula, I'll have to understand the Whole of the text. And for that I'll have to Breath the text so to identify the Milestones. And this is where the HK-47 Protocol comes in.

[Objective]
It's a procedure I'll use to classify paragraphs by naming them, therefore making them simpler so it'll be easier to hold them whole in my head. It'll be visible only in this post, but in the next ones I'll work with them behind the curtains because it'd get tiresome to have those things always shown on texts. Until this classification procedure becomes a fluent, second-nature skill, there's a long way to go with it. Mostly because different texts will require different formulas and this procedure is essential to analyse all variables and identify what elements they share in common. Anyway, I think posts dealing with namings will pretty much follow similar patterns.

[Conclusion]
In the end, I believe this will be a very useful paliative trick. They are like those lens that'll make issues awkwardly visible (like, what's the name of that transitioning paragraph, it couldn't still be part of the introduction, could it? An introduction that long?), and I can even feel some issues being instantly healed already. Ye-hay, that's nuclearity for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment