Thursday, July 28, 2011

Of updates and standardization

The thing with names is that they have to be flexible, as they're only a vessel for the meaning. The names I create are meant to be born with this quality, as eventually I'll find a more "official" definition, or one that's used more efficiently. Or maybe someday I'll meet someone with this same naming-addiction, and it'll help the trading.

So this is the reason I'm updating the name Formulation to Templating. I guess it feels more comfortable, and its message is carried with clarity in that name. It's a sad goodbye, I've grown attached to formulation after all these months. And it's weird, Templating looks to me like having a more advanced technology, or like it has a modern design. Feels like fresh air, for some reason.

Anyways, it's important I get used to this let it go mentality, I need to practice that, I feel like having some maturity pouring in. And I have plans of standardizing the names so they will be better organized, then it's better to put this in verb mode already. Maybe I could hierarchize them as well, it'll help me deal with them more intuitively.

No comments:

Post a Comment