Monday, April 30, 2012

Of Reality-bending

According to the scientific method, the reality is always above the hypothesis we make. One of the most egregious insults one could do was to put your theory above it all and try to bend a solid reality in order to make it adaptable to the theories.

We have to be careful, we might be so inclinated to bend reality that we might do it unconsciously. We might do it as a survival instinct, like Unguilt, that can be one form of reality-bending, a way for us to convince ourselves that we’re not as much despicable.

Unfortunately I’m not doing enough science here (though I’m feeling progress as if I was), but this principle of righteousness inherent to scientific processes is attractive to me as it’s fundamental for my vigilance against mindtraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment