Friday, October 7, 2011

Of decisive moments of change

When I see a review or analysis of any sorts I usually see only the abstract opinion, and I find it interesting when they show the very real moment, the key element that supports the undercurrent, abstract argument. For instance, when an album is said to have lots of passionate and intense moments, could they be refering to the buildup in the third verse of the fourth song?

I'm refering to these mundane events important enough to influence arguments and opinions as Diving Events, as they are the individual waves, Surface Events that solely interfere with the deeper levels of the Framework. It's impactating to witness such moments, as they have historical importance - things could change after this single event. People who change the world (or others' lives) are an example of an individuality making a bigger difference in the whole. But also deaths and departures (mostly of people mentioned previously) are the most common example of impactating, decisive moments of change, as the last glimpse of communication between intertwined worlds are scarring events.

These Diving Events happened throughout the whole World History, and I like identifying them, those major changes that happened throughout one simple moment or decision. Take the WTC tragedy as an example, it shaped the recent history of the United States, the single moment when those airplanes hit those towers. That's how meaning it's to see those falling towers. Napoleon's simple decision to send his army to invade Russia (that may or may not have happened around 2:57pm on a wednesday) also brought about his doom, and so that makes the ordinary action of writing a signature on the paper a fateful moment. Of course, only in hindsight he could have realized that, otherwise if he had successfully conquered Russia that decision wouldn't be as much relevant.

Anyway, it's almost frightening the thought that one little action can have so much impact. In my life some conversations or and maybe even some specific words and events and decisions alone (rather than the accumulation of minor Surface Thoughts) could be most influential to what I am now.


In a mental level, which is important for this blog,  is that around random Surface Thoughts I have some Diving Thoughts as well, and those are usually what I call Epiphanic Realizations. I highly treasure these thoughts, as I usually expect them to change my perception of my subjective reality in some way.

Those other Surface Thoughts that doesn't seem to have so much importance compared to Epiphanic Realizations, I think I can pay attention to them to understand motifs and unconscious undercurrents. I'm calling it Charged Realization, the ideas that come from accumulation of minor Surface Thoughts, that allow me to understand motifs. This is quite a metaexample, as Charging is a motif that has been Charged recently in the latest posts, until I could tame it now under a name.

However, I pose the question to myself: what differs an Epiphanic from a Charged Realization? After all, how can I tell if there hasn't been an unconscious charging backing up the eruption of the Epiphanic Realization?

Wow, I'm going too deep, I better go back to the surface now before I lose my breath. Oh god, a realization: breathing is how I used to call getting immersed in the logistics of a task. What a nice Diving Thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment