Thursday, October 27, 2011

Of being blindfolded

I've been making progress with my transference skills, I guess, but there's the thing, although the result can come out alright, it's never really like the original. It really bothers me. It's as if the original was mocking at me. Here's what I mean:

Of course mine's the left one.

Despite my effort to convey as much sensibility to transfer every line as equally as possible, and the effort turning out to be a good work on its own, it astounds me how I compare them both afterwards and notice how there are such obvious differences there I was so oblivious during the process.

It's something I can quite recall in my texts here. When I read them afterwards, they always feel really stupid, but when I'm writing I can't notice it because I get so intimate with it, and so overloaded and contaminated with it all that I lose the ability to notice the obvious mistakes. It really annoys me to think that I'm missing exactly what I'm striving for, exactly when I'm the most dedicated to achieve it. Seems like there's some sort of uncanny valley going on here too...

It's an issue I'll have to return later as my ideas on it charge a little more, so I'll give it a name so I can know what issue it is, and it'll be Overloaded Blindfold. There must be a lot of other things that blindfold me, such as mindtraps like polarizations and petty realizations (so a Biased Blindfold), but I'll have to charge some more thoughts on it.

Probably the solution for that would be some Seasoning, and do it even slowlier and with no hurry, and give myself time to compare them both, the current status and the objective. Maybe that's the reason why there are those paintings that take months to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment