Friday, October 21, 2011

Of Vertex Manipulation (angles and lengths)

Although I'm finding myself a little more confident about my drawing skills, I'm always feeling threatened by the fact that I'm always finding areas I lack basically all the skill that is needed. And one of these areas is the ability to convey a imagetic message into my drawing.

After Unthoughtful lines, the second worst problem I have are proportions and, consequently, a sense of identity. The issue has its nuclearity in the elements of the logistics of drawing subsequent to lines: angles and lengths. It requires an obscene sensibility, as slight changes in the lines and angles makes our emotional response to the image be completely different. As an example, all eyes (even animals') have basically the same base and behavior of composition, but each eye shows a very slight change in angles and length of the lines, and that's what makes them so unique.

My goal is to master the lines, so their angles and their length is part of the challenge. So far I've managed to achieve certain templates of lines and angles, but they inevitably became Vices and so far all faces are too alike because of that. However, the template granted me vertices to work on, and albeit my skills are locked in certain distribution of vertices, I need to start studying these vertices and be more flexible with them. If it turns out as I'm planning, they can be manipulated and I can achieve diversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment