Monday, October 31, 2011

Of Generations

Months have passed since I have first thought about things that were forgotten, but it seems now I'm finally starting to understand what's going on. Probably what makes my perceptions change are the accumulation of information. They are changing every moment. The news tomorrow are going to be different ones, the thoughts we'll have tomorrow are going to be different. Even if they are the same thoughts than today, they are accumulation of today's thoughts. Our mind has to adapt to that and it becomes everchanging to be able handle this everchangingness of the events in this world. I haven't read anything about it, so there's no theoretical backup here.

The changes and different perceptions occur, obviously, according to Braudel's Framework. Some are minor ones and change our perception about, I don't know, someone else. Some others are major and change our perception about something bigger, like the whole world.I'll call Generations these middle-ground perceptions between minor and major ones, the medium-term process I haven't payed much attention before. My long-term perception remains the same, the thirst for knowledge and development, but something in-between medium and short-time perceptions change and because of that, for my mind to deal with the overwhelming accumulation of thoughts, so constantly I'm losing track of important thoughts.

In fact, I can recall the change of generations seem to happen every month or so, since recalling something from weeks ago already feel much in the past. And this is how I'm going, always feeling like the whole of my thoughts are slipping off my grip. It always feel like having to go back to get one that has fallen behind. Every generation seems to learn everything all over again if the previous one doesn't leave any legacy to teach them the important things that take too much time to learn by trial-and-error.

So, the issue is, I have the problem of communication in-between generations. I don't want to forget what past generations have already learned, so I need to find a way to overcome this. Except I already did start a project like that, it's the Inner Constitution. It's great how a key element connects everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment