Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mindscapes #6

I'm currently experiencing a mindscape that is having a certain impact me. Since I've understood how mindscapes and undertones and generations work, it's the first truly amazing sensorial feeling I'm experiencing this generation (more specifially a Novelty one), so I'm doing my best to taste it the better can before generations change, and then I'll long to relive it as my future generations (the december me) will recall these days, and so maybe it could be reinforced along the generations and could become a Prime Undertone.

So, there's this band called LĂșnasa, which plays irish folk tunes. I've always enjoyed them, but it was when paying attention to the name of the songs of the album Otherworld that the whole thing really struck me. Simply put, it gives me summer feelings. It makes me think of living a peaceful life and having adventures in a tranquil irish village.

The songs have a lighthearted feeling to them (it's already my Safe Port in this generation), but sometimes some songs have a feeling of tension to them, such as the pipework at the beginning of the song Lafferty's..., which makes me picture irish kids having some adrenaline, probably jumping fences, running from dogs. Screaming and then recovering breath as they laugh in relief and talk about how, say, Trevor almost didn't make it.

The name of the songs make me think of stories the characters lived, such "The Floating Crowbar" and "Stolen Apples" (maybe Lafferty's?). The name of the songs also refer to people, such as Dr. Gilbert, Miss Goodavich, Laura Lynn. It really makes me think of some lads having good times and the people that composed that experience's identity. Maybe it's the memories of childhood and teen years (hence "Otherworld"), which gives me a great feeling.

It makes me think of the Hobbiton, and there's something about it that reminds me Zelda games when you go around the town engaging in carefree quests to help the villagers with their businesses, exploring the place. But the best thing was that I was looking at pictures on tumblr, and then I saw fireworks, it was a really amazing mindscape (epiphanic, soundtracked, combined, harmonic). These songs also seem to be really amazing to play and listen to when camping with friends.

Finally, I'd like to say these songs are creating a quintessence in me (it'd be amazing if these songs were indeed shared memories, it'd confirm my "transfered quintessence" theory, as it makes me think of a childhood and early-adulthood experience different from mine). It's already somewhere among my all-time favorite albums, as it gives me the feeling of carefree adventure, friendship, summer, green trees and laughter altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment