Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Of renewal

One of the pleasures I value is homecoming. The feeling of returning to the familiar, to what belongs to me. It's the best thing about tasting a new world, the way my own seems to be feeling fresh to be felt again.

The things I wasn't aware before now suddenly call my attention again, all the things that compose my identity. Of course, the previously visited world is already an addition to my identity as well, but the twist in perspective made me aware of things I was too overloaded with to notice them, and now they can be seen and my own life seems renewed.

So this is all a reinforcement to my quest for different mindscapes and new feelings. Novelties will broaden my subjective horizon, but it will also help me value my own identity. It's like wondering about how would it feel to have my archetype called Wayland and the way this revives the feeling I have about having it called Hephaestus.

No comments:

Post a Comment