Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Of trodden, maintained and improved grounds

Sometimes I like watching the grounds I've trodden. Sometimes it seems to have become an obsession, to find new grounds to tread. Sometimes I find some motifs and I explore them a little and then go on to find new ones. And sometimes I forget there's much more to that than simply finding new things.

The problem with this kind of expansion is that a collapse always ensues. When I realized I was losing some motifs to dormancy, I noticed they've been forsaken because I can only find new grounds to tread, but I can't maintain them. It's the whole issue of the Clash Of Generations, things being forgotten, ideas falling off my grip. This leads to the issue between Dormant and Perennial motifs.

It feels like in the end I'm just playing around, not taking it all too seriously. Even if I manage to tread new grounds and maintain them all together under this single empire without many rebellions, still there's the issue of improving them. And here I have the Jack Of All Trades mindtrap, the mindtrap that makes me want to have it all, but failing to do it all properly (it's one of the enemies of Vesta). Some ideas I have are really, really underdeveloped, she keeps reporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment