Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Of Perennial and Dormant Motifs

Although I keep recordind my ideas on this blog, some of them didn't really stay in my mind as generations change. It always requires some effort to bring them back, like the awareness against the dangers of the unconscious forces and mermaid words and other mindtraps caused by them. On the other hand, other ideas do stay without much or any effort, like the desire to learn logistics, for instance. I wish I knew why some stay and why some are forgotten.

These ideas that travel through generations are what I'm calling Perennial Motifs. Some principles of mine, like Solidity also are perennial because I don't really need to worry about them, it's as unconscious and influential as it can get, no chance of being dethroned by some other unconscious force. The important thing here is that I don't need to worry about perennial motifs being forgotten - they're firmly installed in my mind.

Those other ideas that I have to keep recalling are the Dormant motifs. And it requires some effort from me to keep them active, they're like what I once called slave skills (I had forgotten about that). The idea of dormancy also can be applied to forces within me, as the members of the Fire Ensemble aren't always here (Vesta and Zhu Rong are the most absent ones). Fortunately, the forces they fight, such as fears and other negative impulses (which I'll call the Dark Army) also lay dormant sometimes.

The problem with dormant motifs is that they're the reason why in every other generation their apparent absence make me be once again aware of them, spend some effort giving them another name, and as the new employed motif goes to his room, he finds it already occupied by a lazy motif who sleeps all day and doesn't do his bloody duty. It's kinda awkward, because Vesta can't let them both stay. She gets really mad at Hephaestus, because he's the one who loves creating those little names, and she has too deal with the consequences of hits hypercreativity (is that even a thing?).

Anyway, in one of those twisted metaexamples, as Perennial and Dormant Motifs are motifs on their own, I wonder if I'll remember them. That is, this idea that I'm having right now, will I remember it afterwards, will it sink into the influential part of unconscious and become perennial, or will they go to maze-like part of the unconscious in which things are apparently powerless?

But as unresolved as it still is, at least with those two kind of motifs identified, i'll be able to handle the issue with a little more efficiency. So now I am able to rise the question: is there any way Dormant Motifs can become Perennial? Is there a way to make the forces of the Fire Ensemble ever awake, protecting me from the negative forces?

No comments:

Post a Comment