Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Of frequency, abstraction and aptness

Apparently there are several reasons to explain why some ideas are forgotten and why some are not. I don't know how relevant each reason is, or which one is more important to define a perennial or a dormant motif, or even if there are much more reasons other than the ones I've identified, but anyway, it helps me clear my mind if I start with the first steps.

One of them seems to be strength of a motif that will help it survive in the stormed surface of the conscious mind. So it's a matter of frequency. Perennial motifs happen to be everywhere. Ideas that I use all the time and which are undercurrents for everything around me are less likely to wither into dormant state.

The second is abstraction. Although Nuclearity is frequent, sometimes I forget about it because of the Overloaded Blindfold. It's a semi-perennial motif, it seems. It's influential, but it still requires some kind of awareness the blindfold denies me. But it seems that mental concepts are the most prone to go dormant, as they're in this annoying ethereal state. The emotional responses are useful because they make ideas less ethereal, but there's this whole mess involving names and emotional responses that confuses my mind.

Third one is aptness. Ideas that are against my natural talent are harder to be tamed. For instance, Vesta and Zhu Rong are the most absent because temperance and courage aren't my strength (though I feel them in some outbursts). It's something about those slaves skills (now, becoming more frequent, the motif seemed to be easily revived), things that require much more effort to be tamed.

Finally, it seems I'm having things more clear now. I'll need to charge and season my thoughts some more, but I'm surprised at how fast I'm getting to a possible solution or diagnostic. Maybe I'm doing it, my mind is getting developed a little more. Or maybe I'm just overworking a simple issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment