Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Of Quintessence

Sometimes things call so much my attention it seeds an idea in my mind. Sometimes they create sparkles of ideas, but sometimes these sparkles grow to be so thick that they seem to have become something like a mass with a gravitational force of its own. As it's an interesthing phenomena, it needs one really cool name for it. I'm calling them Quintessences.

Although it can usually happen through personal experiences (such as mindscapes), and from watching other people, sometimes it can happen when I'm watching a picture or listening to a song or some piece of art (that usually contains the Emet Element), and it  strikes me  in a way that an intimate connection seems to be created. When I have such a connection with a song, for instance, usually the sounds I hear create diverse imagery in my mind, and all sorts of ideas are born from it. It's as if that piece of art radiated the original feeling or idea the artist had on the other side. Sometimes it seem like it's more my reading of it, though sometimes lyrics or the titles indicate the it indeed was the intention of the artist for us to feel that. It satisfies me to think that art is this transference of quintessences.

The quintessences born in my mind could very well be recycled mindtraps. That is, misinterpretations of the world, misinterpretations of other people's essences, things that are wrong but can be used as creative material. As mindscapes can sometimes be intense experiences that leave an imprint in my mind, they usually become undertones. And as they grow in essence to become a Prime Undertone, these can be quintessences as well.


Those quintessences are basically concentrated emotional responses. They're shapeless ideas that concentrate everything into this one instantaneous thing. So my mind is basically one huge, ethereal quintessence I'm always trying  to decipher. The problem, though, is that quintessences don't let themselves be materialized this easily. Writing about them never seems to do them justice. Neither does naming them, which is apparently the reason why they are forgotten and then I keep finding new names for the same quintessences.

No comments:

Post a Comment