Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Of Emet Element

Some debut albums, or first installment of franchises sometimes seem to feel to me like they have a more solid identity than the following works. It seems they seem to have a spirit of their own, a unique soul in them the artists managed to capture.

Sometimes I think what I need for the notes on the guitar to become music, or what is needed in my strokes for the image to look real, it's what is needed for the thing to feel real, for them to feel alive, to have this soul, and not be just a bland clay statue. I'm calling this the Emet Element (as the Hebrew word that is said to have given life to the legendary Golem of Prague).

This is one of the aims I want to achieve in my arts, as I think it's what is needed to reach to the other side of the uncanny valley. With it Z-Lines are possible, and it's the element that apparently seems to create the Gusto Effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment